£1.3m funding available for small businesses
If you’re a small to medium-sized business in the Ilkley, Burley, Menston or Otley area, you could be eligible for capital funding aimed at boosting local economies.
Below are the categories of eligible businesses as listed by South Pennines Leader, responsible for distributing £1.286m Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) funding from 2015 to 2019. This money pot applies to an area known as the South Pennines, which stretches from Ilkley to Rochdale (see map)
The programme is designed to offer support to increase farm productivity, as well as to micro and small enterprises, farm diversification, rural tourism, the provision of rural services, cultural and heritage activity and forestry productivity. Grants will be awarded for 40% of the full cost of a project.
- farm and forestry businesses delivering visitor services, developing new local products or contributing positively to the landscape
- manufacturing businesses creating or processing distinctive locally derived products that promote the South Pennines
- visitor-facing businesses providing distinctive visitor services including accommodation and local food and drink
- designer-maker businesses creating locally distinctive products with associated retailing, workshops, courses and visitor products
- recreational businesses structuring their business around the local landscape and its recreational opportunities
- social enterprises delivering local community services.
Please see attached press release:
and more information at: