Burley-in-Wharfedale Christmas Market and Lights Switch-on
Main Street and Grange Park
Saturday 2nd December
Market: 2-5.30pm; Craft Fair 1pm-5pm; Lights-on: 4.30pm
The BADCOT 15th Burley-in-Wharfedale Christmas Market is gearing up to be a fantastic event.
As before, our street market is timed to take place the same afternoon as the Lights Switch-on, run by Burley in Wharfedale Community Trust (BWCT), and with the Queen’s Hall craft fair, organised by Nick Turnbull. All in all, a wonderful afternoon for our community and for folks visiting from much further afield. Please help us promote it by sharing on Facebook and Twitter!
We’ve got more stalls than last year, selling a wider range of delicious food and drink, as well as some lovely and unusual gift stalls. We’ve arranged for the return of the marvellous magician, Chris Stewart of Close-up Magic after he entertained the crowds so brilliantly last year. And there’ll be children’s rides as always.
The Craft Fair in Queen’s Hall on Main Street is stacked out with wonderful handcrafted items and outside in front of Burley Grange, we’ll be treated to a visit from Santa and performances from the Shine and school choirs – and also from the popular Ukulele Jammers band!
The Christmas Lights will be switched on at 4.30pm – and don’t forget, Burley’s are among the best lights in the valley – last year’s Lord Mayor of Bradford said so!
There are a few pitches left for traders selling chocolate, cured meats, soaps, candles and winter clothing – please get in touch – details below:
Street Market details
- Sat 2nd Dec, open to public 2:00-5:30pm, access to traders from noon
- Main Street and Grange Park, Burley In Wharfedale, LS29 7ND
- Single or multiple 15ft pitches available at affordable price
- Stallholders to provide own stall, power and covering
- Stallholders must have own insurance
- Contact BADCOT market co-ordinator Danny Schofield of BADCOT on 07538 389535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org